Esteban Lorenzano

Fixed the small but annoying issue 323 (DNU when creating a local repository )

7 April 2017 2:07 pm 0 Comments - Link

Today I'm working on Iceberg.

I fixed a bug on locating existing repositories for gitlocal: Metacello protocol, but most amusing, I added a new plugin: "Install Baseline", who allows you to install a project from a baseline listed in "Packages" tab from repositories browser.

7 April 2017 10:38 am 0 Comments - Link

I worked a lot preparing the new deployment model for VMs.

Basically, now it will be like this:

  • nightly builds will be still built by our CI (to produce test VMs)
  • latest VMs will be produced on opensmalltalk-vm, using blessed sources.
  • stable VMs will be promoted by me :)

I'm thinking on change a bit this scheme, but for now it will work like that.

I finisged the OpenSmalltalk part, now I need to adapt also Pharo-Project (tomorrow).

Then, we still need to fix one problem with a primitive... and we will be good to go.

6 April 2017 3:53 pm 0 Comments - Link

I worked on Case 19921, to allow Athens to run fine on 64bits (linux).

6 April 2017 3:11 pm 0 Comments - Link

I worked on UnifiedFFI, making sure different architectures of linux (i386, x86_64) will have methods to find their libraries.

In particular, I added: #unix32ModuleName and #unix64ModuleName. Both are redirecting to #unixModuleName by default as a way to provide backward compatibility (also, libraries could) be in same place in different architectures, like the case of libraries distributed by ourselves (libgit2, libssl, libssh2, libsdl2).

5 April 2017 11:51 am 0 Comments - Link

I made some fixes on Iceberg... in particular, this two issues:

  • Issue 317, which adds the posibility of removing a package from FileSystem.
  • Issue 319, forcing unix line endings to commit messages (as is required by git).
4 April 2017 11:52 am 0 Comments - Link

I fixed a problem when building the VM for Windows: thing is, as it was, it was building cairo library without freetype support, so frameworks like Roassal to fail.

Problem was that pkgconfig was failing to find correct version of freetype effectively letting it outside.

I needed to change the build script (for Windows) to this:

	$(THIRDPARTYLIBDIR)/$(CAIROLIBNAME): $(CAIROARCHIVE)
		tar x -f $(CAIROARCHIVE) -C $(THIRDPARTYDIR)
		cd $(CAIRODIR) \
			&& ./configure \
				--prefix="$(THIRDPARTYOUTDIR)" \
				--host=i686-w64-mingw32 \
				PKG_CONFIG="$(PKG_CONFIG)" \
				PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$(PKG_CONFIG_PATH)" \
				CFLAGS='$(THIRDPARTY_CFLAGS) -I$(THIRDPARTYINCLUDEDIR) -march=pentium4' \
				LDFLAGS='$(THIRDPARTY_LDFLAGS) -L$(THIRDPARTYLIBDIR) -march=pentium4' \
				FREETYPE_LIBS="-L$(THIRDPARTYLIBDIR) -lfreetype -lz" \
				FREETYPE_CFLAGS="-I$(THIRDPARTYINCLUDEDIR) -I$(THIRDPARTYINCLUDEDIR)/freetype2" \
				--disable-silent-rules \
				--disable-xlib \
				--disable-dependency-tracking \
			&& sed -i '/.* sh .\/make-/i\\ttest -e \$$\@ \&\& rm \$$\@' test/Makefile \
			&& make \
			&& make install

Now averything seems working.

4 April 2017 7:16 am 0 Comments - Link